3 lb. asparagus
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
½ cup onion, finely chopped
¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp. NutriFit Lemon Garden Salt Free Spice Blend (For each teaspoon of the Lemon Garden Blend, you may substitute: 1/4 tsp. basil, 1/4 tsp. marjoram, 1/4 tsp. black pepper and 1/4 tsp. dill weed.)
1 ea. Potatoes
5 cup vegetable broth, no salt added
1. Wash and peel asparagus. Roast in a 400F oven for 15 minutes. Cool. Set aside 1/2 cup 2 inch long asparagus tips cut on the diagonal for garnish.
2. Heat the olive oil in a soup pot and add the onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt and Lemon Garden blend..
3. Sauté over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the onions are soft. Add the potatoes and 1 cup stock, over the pot, and cook until the potatoes are soft, about 10 minutes.
4. Add the asparagus and 1 quart stock; cook uncovered over medium heat until the asparagus is tender, about 15 minutes.
5. Puree the soup in a blender or food processor, return it to the pot. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Drop the asparagus tips into lightly salted boiling water and cook for 1 1/2 minutes, until just tender. Rinse them under cold water unless the soup is going to be served immediately.