3 cups pumpkin, peeled and cubed
1 cup squash, peeled, and cut into 1″ cubes
1 tsp. NutriFit™ Mediterranean Salt & Sugar Free Spice Blend (For each tablespoon of the Mediterranean Spice Blend, you may substitute: 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp basil, 1/2 tsp black pepper, and 1/2 tsp garlic.)
3 cups fat free, reduced sodium vegetable broth
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 cups onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup short grain brown rice
¼ cup dry white wine
2 tbsp. parmesan cheese, grated
2 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. white pepper
1. Sprinkle pumpkin and squash with the Mediterranean Spice Blend. Steam, covered, for 15 minutes or until tender; set aside.
2. Bring broth to a simmer in a saucepan (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
3. Heat a large saucepan with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Add rice; sauté 1 minute. Add wine; cook 1 minute or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly.
4. Add warm broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 18 minutes total).
5. Stir in squashes; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.